Terms & Conditions of Business
For the purposes of this document Wise Owls Pre-School shall hereinafter be called ‘The Pre-School’ and those wishing to use the services of Wise Owl’s Pre-School, shall hereinafter be called ‘The Client’.
The Pre-School will only undertake business on these following Terms and Conditions, each of which shall be incorporated or implied in any agreements between The Pre-School and The Client. No variations of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless expressly confirmed by The Pre- School in writing and signed by the Director of The Pre-School. The Client is bound by these Terms and Conditions once it commences using the services of The Pre-School. The Pre-School reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions and the latest version is available on The Pre-School’s Website. The Client shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions once having completed the online registration.
- The Pre-School acts as a registered childcare facility for children between the hours of 09.00 and 15.00, from Monday to Friday, during The Pre-School’s term time. (Dates are available on The Pre- School’s website).
- The Client pays a £50 deposit for each child when making a booking, this applies to children accessing additional services above the funded entitlement. Pre-School fees are paid in full for one term at a time. The Pre-School must receive payment before the first week of term and requires The Client to send payment via BACS with the child’s full name as a reference. If paying by voucher and BACS The Client should email The Pre-School’s Accounts Department (email@example.com) to confirm the split between the two payment methods and times when the vouchers will be credited. If The Client pays by cheque, the child’s name should be shown clearly on the reverse of the cheque. The amount paid must match the amount on the invoice unless otherwise discussed with the office and agreed in writing. There is a £2 charge for payment by cheque.
- The Pre-School accepts payment via all childcare vouchers and Tax free childcare scheme. With this method, if payment is not made before the first week of the term, The Pre-School must receive an email advising when the payment is expected and from which voucher company. The preferred method of payment is via BACs; The Client must enter the transaction reference as the child’s full name. The Pre-School accepts payment via cheque and if (by written agreement only) this is made in more than one instalment, The Client should include the second as a post-dated cheque, including the 60p charge for this arrangement (made payable to “Wise Owls Club Ltd”.
- If fees are not paid on time (before the first week of term), a £5.00 charge per week will be added to the next invoice. If The Client has difficulty paying on time The Client must contact The Pre-School. Failure to do this could result into a ‘money claim online’ in order to retrieve the payment due and/or the child not being accepted at The Pre-School, and no prior notice will be given.
- When The Client makes a booking for The Pre-School, the child must attend at least 3 sessions every week. The Client must give The Pre-School one (1) terms notice in writing of the child either being withdrawn from The Pre-School completely or to cancel a booked session which will be acknowledged by The Pre-School. If The Client fails to receive such acknowledgement, The Client must contact the office. If sent by e-mail, the address is info@wiseowlschildcare,co.uk. Without this procedure being followed, The Client will be charged for the booked session (s).
- Fees are payable for the entire term, we may from time to time have inset training days within the term however payment for the full term are still required. Our term dates are available on our web site and at the Pre School.
- Bookings are charged for full terms, including inset days and bank holidays if they fall in term time.
- If the Pre-School closes due to circumstances outside the Pre-School’s control (For example bad weather, diseases, health and safety issues, an Act of God etc), The Pre-School may not be able to operate and will contact The Client by e-mail in the first instance. Under no circumstances will the Pre-School operate if by doing so, the health and safety of children within the care of The Pre-School is at risk. No refund of the fee will be due under these circumstances.
- The Pre-School endeavours to maintain the highest standards of health and safety at all times but is not liable for any accidents which may occur.
- The Client must collect the child by the end of the booked session but should The Client be unable to do so in unforeseen circumstances, The Pre-School must be notified of the revised collection time. There is then an additional late fee charge of £5.00 per 15 minutes per child. Staff must be kept advised as to The Client’s expected arrival time. These terms have been devised in recognition of the fact that The Pre-School’s staff have other commitments after their working day.
- It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure the child has all their belongings. The Pre-School cannot be responsible to loss or damage to items brought to the Pre-School from home. Lost property will be taken to charity shops one (1) week later.
- It is The Client’s responsibility to collect any letters/communications from The Pre-School and to read any posters displayed about changes or information.
- The Pre-School fees are reviewed yearly in September. The Pre-School undertakes to advise The Client of revised fees a minimum of 6 weeks in advance.
- It is The Pre-School’s practice to use photographs of children attending The Pre-School for advertising, displays and website and other promotional purposes, and their name(s) may accompany any such images used. The Client should indicate appropriately on the Registration Form if permission for their child to appear in such images is withheld.
- Children staying all day are required to bring a packed lunch. It must be a healthy packed lunch, clearly labelled with the child’s name. We also a have a NO NUT policy.
- Places in the Pre-School are limited, The Client is advised that a poor record of attendance without good cause, may lead to their place being given to someone else.
- The Client is required to update changes to the contact details online immediately in order to protect the safety of the child. Failure to do this could result in The Pre-School not being able to contact The Client in an emergency, Social Services may be contacted in these circumstances.
- The Pre-School will contact the Client by the e-mail address recorded on the Registration Form and it is therefore vital that this information is correct at all times and that email communications from The Pre-School is read without delay.
- If The Client wishes to book an extra day or days for the child to attend The Pre- School as well as the days already booked this will only be available if there are spaces on the day requested. The Client may not exchange sessions and once booked, no refund will be given for non- attendance. For any extra sessions booked, The Client must pay in advance via BACS. The Pre-School requires two (2) days notice to cancel the booked extra session.
- If The Client’s child is unable to attend a session due to illness or other activities, The Pre-School should be notified by phone or email.
- The Pre-School reserves the right to withdraw its services if The Client’s child is disruptive and/or aggressive in such a manner as to pose a safety risk to the other children at The Pre-School. A verbal warning will be given to the Client and if matters do not improve, The Pre-School will demand the immediate removal of the child. The deposit will not be refunded
- Equally if a parent is aggressive or rude to our staff or a child within our care, this behaviour will not be tolerated and the Pre-School reserves the right to withdraw its service. No refund of care or deposits will be received.
- The Pre-School operates on the following staff to child ratios: 1:4 for 2 year olds, 1:8 for 3-5 year olds. Should The Client’s child require a 1:1 ratio, the child may attend the Pre-School in the normal way accompanied by his/her carer (which may be arranged through the resources of the Local Authority).
- For business and financial sustainability, we set a quota at management discretion, on the number of 30 hours a week extended entitlement and 15 hours universal entitlement we allocate, so we reach capacity and also meet the needs of our children. Places cannot be saved from term to term for children who are due to start due to financial sustainability.
- The Client may have preferences for the sessions their child attends, however, at it is not always possible to allocate places on this basis. If the days offered are not satisfactory, then The Client may request to be added to the waiting list.